Message Board Rules
This board was created to facilitate community among members of Historians of Netherlandish Art. As such, all topics should stay within the realm of pertinence to our fields of study. To the extent that politics, or other major issues of the world, are appropriate for discussion, they should be directly related to or affect our fields of study in some expressly-stated manner.
1. Post with respect and civility. Threats or personal insults will not be tolerated, and could lead to a ban from posting on the message board. Scholarly disagreements and criticisms are inevitable, but must be expressed without personal attacks.
2. Racial, ethnic and homophobic slurs and language are strictly prohibited. Posts may be edited by moderators, or, if repeated, may result in a ban.
3. Be careful with pictures that you post, or links to external websites. Many websites lead to advertisements or redirect to other websites that may not be appropriate for a work environment. Remember that a number of users will access this message board from offices or public areas.
4. If you do use the message board, or any of the member-only sections of the HNA/HNAR websites, on a public computer such as in a library, please remember to log out when you are finished. Some libraries may have institutional memberships; if you are using the website in such a circumstance, do not post on the message board under the institutional membership. Log out, and log in again under your own name.
5. If you have any questions, or need to report an inappropriate post, please send an email to email@example.com.