The City of Bruges seeks to recruit a Curator of Early Netherlandish painting and Renaissance art for Musea Brugge on a contract basis (salary scale A1a-A2a – deadline BEFORE 9 May 2023).
What is your role?
Musea Brugge is a group of prestigious museums and monuments in the heart of Bruges, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The collections are world-class, the organization is vibrant and contemporary, and the staff are brimming with ambition, passion and knowledge.
Musea Brugge is a Flemish cultural heritage institution with an outstanding national and international reputation.
Our pre-eminent collections and buildings attract over a million visitors per annum. We organize intelligent, relevant exhibitions and events, and work together to create dynamic city venues that are universally welcoming. Musea Brugge seeks to inspire and to foster dialogue and reflection, both amongst our visitors and between the different museums.
To work at Musea Brugge is to work in an exciting, inspiring and high-quality professional environment. It is an organisation in which you can excel.
- You will be responsible for the City of Bruges’ collection of pre-1584 paintings, which is managed by Musea Brugge.
- You will manage, inventory, research and disseminate information about the collection to the general public and specialist audiences via lectures, publications, exhibitions, digital displays, podcasts, etc.
- You will support and develop the operations of the newly established BRON research centre, in collaboration with the director of collection, the librarian and your curatorial colleagues.
- Through this work, you will make an important contribution to Musea Brugge’s image as a scientific institution.
- You will manage the digital and analogue files relating to the sub-collection and keep them up-to-date.
- You will be responsible for the permanent collection presentations at the various museum locations. This will involve close collaboration with your curatorial colleagues and the Public and Exhibitions department.
For the full vacancy text and to apply, please go to the website of the city of Bruges where you will find all necessary information (in Dutch).
DEADLINE: Before 9/5/2023