Assistant Professor, Art History, School of Art (tenure track)
College of Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning
University of Cincinnati
The School of Art at the University of Cincinnati invites applications for an Assistant Professor tenure-track position in Art History in Renaissance art starting academic year 2020-2021.
Primary responsibilities: teaching, maintaining an active research agenda, and service to various School, College, and/or University committees. Specific duties are as follows:
- Teaching primarily will include undergraduate and dual level courses in Renaissance Art, in addition to classes in a secondary area of expertise, which may be Baroque, Medieval, or non-Western art, as well as required courses, such as research methods and/or the capstone seminar. The typical tenure track art history teaching load is 2 (3 credit hour) courses per semester per academic year. Participation on MFA and MA Art Education thesis committees is also possible.
- Scholarly research in Renaissance Art published in peer-reviewed journals, edited books, and/or other similar venues.
- Examples of service are participation on School, College, and University committees which could include student scholarship awards committee, College library committee, visiting artists’ committee, or College technology committee, along with other possible service responsibilities.
- Ph.D. in Art History prior to effective date of appointment
- Publications or conference presentations in Renaissance Art (Per the “Application Process” section, two is the minimum number specified)
- Two academic years of university-level teaching experience in art history
The position is available August 15, 2020. Review of applications will begin January 31, 2020. For more information about the School of Art and the Programs, please visit: https://daap.uc.edu/academics/soa.
Interested applicants must apply at http://bit.ly/38vSrc1.
[text from collegeart.org]